Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Coffee is the lifeblood of all good Fathers!

I was walking through Target the other day, holding my 8-year old daughter's hand, and came across the coffee pot section.  I looked at the different models and said aloud to myself, "I wonder what the difference is between the $100 coffee pot and the $20 coffee pot?"  My 8-year old turned to me and with a matter-of-fact tone said, "the price."

I was never much of a coffee drinker.  I didn't drink it when I was in the Army.  I didn't drink it in college.  I didn't drink it in my 20's.  But, somewhere along the line, after children emerged in our family, I started.  I'm yoked to coffee, it is my source of inspiration, my machismo, my clarity, my deep thoughts.  If we want to create a business model, we need coffee.  If we want to write a book, we need coffee.  If we want to write this BLOG...we need Coffee!  I'm starting to sound like Gollum from Lord of the Rings, "Coffee is my...PRECIOUSSSSSSS!" 


Sorry, I've derailed, I'm jittery from too much coffee. 

Oh, please chime in with your knowledge about costs of coffee pots...I can't, for the life of me, justify the cost of a $100 coffee pot.  I'm hoping you can shed some light on the issue for me.

OC Dad...Out

No comments:

Post a Comment